Sunday, October 25, 2009

Best Instant Pancakes

Pink Turns to Blue

When Luis Eduardo González projections showed early results, the people I was jumping for joy: the only data that was considered confirmed only that several of us there was essential, had won the ballot Pink, that is, had annulled the amnesty law .

The previous weeks had been a growing anxiety, the almost total silence advertising had joined a much more inexplicable silence on the part of the main actors on the left, it seemed that it was more important to spend endless words the fact of whether is really whether live in such and such a model home. But close, too close to the finish line, the people-not-institutionalized left seemed to wake up and paste the cry about something obvious: the annulment of the amnesty law was in great danger of not winning, and some surveys said that about 40% of voters thought the left did not support it. However in the last two weeks there was a reaction, and many elections were won in the last two weeks, although the FA still in an ominous silence, while engaged in talking up a storm of anything else, the polls began to give chance of living to the motion, and even one was with many party voters traditional saying you also want to get rid of this shameful law of shit.

With the conviction that in this subject, I cared, he had won, I decided I deserved to have a drink to the health of popular exorcisms that had achieved. Upon arrival at the bar, through crowds shouting slogans like crazy about the big win and FA Pepe Mujica , I see a famous leaning over the table. I go to ask for fire, supposing drunk, but when I lifted her head that she is crying. I do not know much and the cry of a man I think is private, so I lit a cigarette, I thanked him and got into the bar. Inside everyone was very serious and when I concentrate on the screen where they were from the results of the election I realize that measurements of Sordo had failed: the pleibiscito had failed and the amnesty law had been annulled by 2%.

Then began the press conference of the candidates the FA, and I heard Danilo Astori ensure that they were very pleased with the results-something that clearly belied their faces, "because although apparently not only had not won in the first round, had no parliamentary majority and the two theoretically supported pleibiscitos had been rejected, the distance the votes of the FA in relation to the two traditional parties had grown separately. I was wondering if Danilo Astori is really an accountant, or professors of mathematics managed economy very different from mine: in relation to 2004, the FA lost more than three score points, and in relation to popularity polls current government, that they all put in 60%, had achieved only 47-48% of the vote, and that having a candidate in front shattered as Luis Alberto Lacalle and someone who carries the karma of having the last name Bordaberry that of . Mujica then asked about the failure of the pleibiscitos, and Pepe De La People began saying that he had been a mistake them with national elections, where partisan voters much. That is, a bug in the drivers of referendum. I pasted a huge puteada and left.

I found a semi-foreign girl who lived long abroad, and these were the first elections in Uruguay where he lived. It was sad because he had not left the cancellation, but I was mostly surprised by the kind of party that rose and fell walking down the street Citadel. He told me he did not understand all that sea of \u200b\u200bflags, in elections that had lived in Europe, he said, there were demonstrations and celebrations, but this obsession identifiable, this display of symbols and songs that could only associate with football. I said yes, it was football, and they were celebrating having reached the playoffs. It is an incredibly attractive girl with whom I had little contact, and the timing was ideal to invite her for a drink and talk about other countries and other joys. But I was not happy and had nothing interesting to say, so I went.

A friend invited me to sit at his table, perplexed by the result and the whirlwind of seemingly unwavering enthusiasm that followed us around. In the distance we heard the fireworks of the Matrix Plaza, which joins the Party White , they actually had something to celebrate. Suddenly a rope appeared Citadel drums and started playing in front of the bar, and many of the attendees joined them to dance in the streets, chanting slogans and making sure the FA in November would humiliate the white in the runoff . The dancers were all very young, and many of them very attractive, and radiated a joy apparently irreducible. I kept thinking I'm really old, and I do not understand the celebration as a simple celebration of identity, the celebration itself, in the same way I do not get many songs from the last years of Uruguayan rock. For me celebrate the good and uplifting of life, and mourn the dark and humiliating. Not much more than that. I came to mind a line from a song by Bob Dylan years ago I do not listen and never was my favorite: " Lord, Lord / let's disconnect These cables / Overturn These tables / This place don't make sense to me no more / Can you tell me what we're waiting for, sir? "

I stared at the dancers without feeling or even anger, all were very young. When you're young is entitled to be stupid. I've been, you too. What is right is not to be insensitive.

suddenly appeared some friends of my companion and invited us to leave the vicinity of the drums. We went to a nearby house to drink beer and play the trick. He had not played the trick and it's something that I missed. The girls were so nice and friendly and put the best of them to cheer and get me out of my silence. But it could not count the many, wasted letters and could not lie well. I lost a couple of games and although it was early decided to leave. Fuck; few things I like as much as the trick and funny women, but was not there, so it was the fart that I stay.

I walked by a South Rambla empty and windswept, listening on mp3 " Ezekiel 7 and the Permanent Efficacy of Grace" the extraordinary song that closes the latest album from Mountain Goats . The theme, inspired by an apocalyptic passage Old Testament talks about someone, apparently a criminal, who runs from a heavy rain, someone gets strapped in his car to Mexico and occasionally stops to inject heroin. It's incredibly sad and spiritual at the same time, despite its sordid subject, a song about a world destroyed in secret. But between the melody trickled me the songs of politicians who no longer swollen but were still ringing in my head.

felt twenty years ago when he won the vote confirmed yellow and Law Expiration, that the moral world in which he believed was crumbling and was surrounded by darkness, today however was not the same thing, although the conditions for that same thing happening again were infinitely better, an advantage useless - but simply a kind of resigned weariness. In a month there will be ballotage and decide whether to have Jose Mujica as president or Luis Alberto Lacalle, the outlook is favorable Mujica, but not as safe as some believe that today I came to tell me that no matter which in November this disappointment is going to be happy and that the change is not going to stop in Uruguay. I have to give them the reason, the change seems to be going a lot more speed than I thought. But in another direction. Sounds good

were mobilized during this month so, I leave them and their binary opposition between countries as possible. The country to which I belong I did not count in this election and will not count in the runoff. And just defeated in final form. Uruguay just marked the historical fact of being the only country I know who has decided democratically, not to punish the worst monsters in modern history not once but twice. Now that's something new in the world, much more original than the Ceibal. More than one hundred years of educational reform vareliana, more than 70 of the impressive Social Modernization José Batlle y Ordóñez , more than 50 of the unexpected and improbable victory Maracana, it may be a marker on the building up of a new nationality viscose, to which I plead permanently abroad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment